search

Custom Search

Monday, September 15, 2008

A True Spiritual Guru....


At the cross road of my life I felt strongly that a spiritual Guru is the only person who can guide me to move in the right direction in the balance portion of my life. I was not sure how to find such a Guru. Moreover, I read in a sacred book that you cannot search a Guru for you – Guru just appears in your life at the appropriate time. I did not believe it but strangely within a short period I was proved wrong.

By sheer chance, I came in contact with Shree Bhagavan – founder and live wire of International Vedanta Society (IVS) about one and half year back. After 2/3 meetings with him, I realized that the Guru has actually appeared in my life proving the ancient scriptures correct even today. Shree Bhagavan is preaching essence of VEDANTA in a very simple language to the interested people tirelessly for the last 25 years. Now we ( myself and my wife Anupa) are visiting Kolkata ashram of IVS regularly particularly in the evening to participate in the interactive discourses delivered by Shree Bhagavan/ Sannyasis( his direct disciples ).

In the major part of my life I was absorbed and interested in the outer world only. Now I have started asking myself seriously – “ who am I”, “ why I am here” etc etc. My life style has become simpler and without any addition of physical wealth ( I am a retired person ) I feel more content than before. I am now looking at life from entirely different angle.

Though the journey has just started and the destination ( realisation of God ) is far off – I have started getting the taste of spirituality through the loving guidance of Shree Bhagavan/Sannyasis. My wife is totally with me in this new pleasant journey.

I will be very glad if even one person is benefited from this message. I am also keen to know about real life cases of spirituality from others. Let us share spiritual experiences for mutual benefits.

Love; Jai Bhagavan
The article been contributed by Mr. K.P.Bhattacharjee.

No comments: