search

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

MEET YOUR QUESTIONS


How many people can say they know themselves? Really know themselves?
It may sound silly to ask such a seemingly simple question, but if you think about it you'll see it really isn't so simple after all.

I think I know myself pretty well. I've spent more than my fair share of time getting to know me, getting to know the real me, as I struggled with my situation and where it would ultimately lead. I think any journey of self-discovery requires a significant amount of introspection, and this is certainly no exception. Believe me, I've paid my dues.

Who am I? Why am I here? What is the real purpose of my life? And ultimately, will it even matter? These are deep, deep questions that people have asked for as long as people have been able to think for themselves. They are the foundations for philosophy, religion, science, entire cultures and civilizations throughout history. In my mind, the fact that we even ask these questions is one of the key things that differentiate us from other creatures on the earth.

No comments: